Bad System Config Info Windows 10: Effective SolutionsJune 30, 2018
Dell Laptop Speakers Not Working? Consult with Our Tech Experts TodayJune 30, 2018
Disabling WiFi from a wireless home router is not so easy as simple as doing so from a phone or PC. Some routers have a button by which you can turn off WiFi. If your device has that, then just press it to shut down the wireless signal. There is not the exact same process for every router. For that, you must know how to turn off WiFi on Router for your system. In this article, you will be able to know the process of turning off your router. Go through this article very carefully you will get all the answers which are you looking for.
How to disable WiFi on Router?
Remove Adapters and Antennas to turn off WiFi:
You can remove WiFi adapters and antennas to disable your router.
In some routers, you can simply turn off power to disable it. But if your router does not have that property you can transmit the power to ‘0’ which effectively turn off WiFi on Router.
- Open a web browser and go to your router’s web interface from a device connected to your non-plume network. You will be able to find the link through your router or service provider’s webpage.
- Now log in with the username and password. You can use the default one provided by the manufacturer or check on the bottom or back of the unit.
- Then from the web interface, look for Wireless Settings. You should have the ability to turn off WiFi on the device. After the change has been saved or applied, your router should start again.
- After disabling WiFi on your other router, your device should automatically connect to the plume.
Simple ways to turn off WiFi on Router:
- Firstly, open the browser and log in to the router.
- Then select the Wireless Configuration page.
- Now you can either check the ‘disable’ box or uncheck the ‘enable’ box.
- Now close the browser.
By using these simple steps you can turn off the router.
Steps to turn off the WiFi on Netgear router:
- Start a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your device’s network.
- Then login to the router.
- Enter the username and password.
- Then the basic home page will be displayed.
- Now select advanced>advanced setup>wireless settings.
- In the 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz-1, and 5 GHz-2 sections, select or clear the enable wireless router radio checkboxes.
- These checkboxes turn off the WiFi of the router.
- Now click the ‘Apply’ button
- If you turned off the WiFi radios, the WiFi LEDs turned off.
Connect With Us
This is how you can turn off your router on WiFi. Always remember these above methods when you want to disable your router on WiFi. Always choose alternative ways to turn off WiFi depending on your device. If you have any queries or suggestions, connect with us at our Netgear Router Support Number: +1-855-789-0314 and let us know. We love to interact.