Whenever you want to run a program over the internet, Mcafee firewall Program will not give you the permission to access the internet. You often face problem while configuring Firewall settings. Before accessing the internet you have to select “Yes, allow this time” and check “I recognize this program in the future do not alert me” then McAfee will allow you to run the program over the internet. McAfee Firewall Settings is very important to access the internet. Otherwise, you won’t be able to run a program through Firewall.
Read this article here you will get a detailed description of how to configure McAfee Firewall Settings.
How To Allow a Program Through McAfee Firewall?
If you want to configure your McAfee Firewall Settings with the permission of CTI Navigator or CTI Update Manager to run over the Internet, follow the given instructions:
- Firstly, double-click on the McAfee shield symbol in the Windows system tray, or you can open McAfee from All Programs
- On the Home screen click Firewall at the top, and then click Settings when it appears on the right
- You also can also click “Web and Email Protection” under Features, and then select Firewall
- Tap on the “Internet Connections for Programs” button on the Firewall screen
- Now set CTI Navigator and CTI Update Manager to have FULL Access or Full Control. Always make sure that it is not “Outbound-Only Access”.
- Then turn Off Netguard if there are any connection problems with CTI Navigator.
Try the above method it will help you to allow a program through McAfee Firewall.
Steps To Configure the Firewall in McAfee 2011 Security Center
- Double-click on the McAfee symbol you can also open McAfee from All Programs
- Then select Firewall on the main screen and “Internet Connections for Programs” and click the downward-pointing symbol
- Set Edit CTI Navigator and CTI Update Manager To configure the Firewall in McAfee’s 2010 SecurityCenter
- Double-click on the McAfee Windows screen and select Internet and Network
- To change your option click the Configure button
- Click the button beside Firewall Protection
- Select the Advanced button on the left pane, and select Program Permissions
- Tap Add Allowed Program button and enter CTI Navigator in the list and click Open
- Again select Grant Full Access and click OK
McAfee Firewall Settings | Configure McAfee Personal Firewall Plus
- Double-tap on the McAfee symbol in the Windows system and Select Personal Firewall Plus
- Then select “View the Internet Application List”
- If CTI Navigator.exe is listed then Highlight it.
- Now select “Change Permission” to ”Allow Full Access” and click OK
- If CTI Navigator.exe is not in the list then click “New Allowed Application”
- After that open Program Files folder
- Then double-click on CTI Navigator.exe
- You can also highlight the program and click the Open button.
- Verify the Permissions Status and click OK
- Now you will get full access to use the internet.
Try the above steps to configure McAfee personal firewall settings.
Disable McAfee’s Redirector Services
“Redirector” services in McAfee security software can block some Windows functions. To stop this interference follow the given steps:
- Open the Start button and click Run
- In the “Open” box type “Services.msc” (without quotes) in the “Open” box and press enter key.
- Now scroll down to the “McAfee Redirector” service and right-click on the McAfee Redirector and click on “Stop”. This will fix the problem temporarily during your current session of Windows.
- Now restart your computer
- To avoid the McAfee Redirector service right-click on the McAfee Redirector > choose “Properties” and change the Startup type on the General tab from “Automatic” to “Disabled”.
If you still face any issue with McAfee Antivirus, Contact our McAfee Support Number: +1-855-789-0314 or try our Online Chat by visiting our Website.